domingo, noviembre 19, 2006

Un dia en la vida de un jubilado

A day in the life of a retired
The best epoch of the life although think the contrary

Alfredo Ascanio (askain)

When I was very young I had an erroneous concept of a person of more than 60 years and besides retired. In my country retired account for 5% of the population.

With my frequent trips to Miami I have acquired a taste for the hotel of the old seated set against a boulevard without doing nothing. But today the people retired will have to make an about face in its traditional methods, if it wishes to align itself with modern trends. One changes one’s views as one gets along in years.

For example I feel youth and I try to live my life without complexes. But my wife recalls me the following thing: “you should start acting your age and stop buying those flashy dresses”.

But they are my children the ones that encourage me and they affirm: “despite 60 years of work and more work he is still alive and kicking”.

Today was born a new granddaughter. The daughter of my son Fernando (Fer). When the girl was born I was charged with announcing the glad tidings.

When that happens, all the friends want to come to greet. We expected only a few people but they came all and sundry. And they asked me for the new granddaughter Veronica and by their parents. The conversation was so interesting that it was midnight before we knew it.

We were traveling all day long to go to the clinic and to return to the house. The traffic in Caracas is frightening!!

After so an hour to travel we arrived at the clinic all in. All in all they numbered only twenty kilometers. Therefore my wife suggested to travel in a taxi. All in all is the best solution.

I was about to board the taxi when all of to sudden I realized that I had lost my key of the house. Believe it or not, the key is as old as the rest of the universe. Therefore I did not worry. Besides my wife has a new key.

“I don’t think we have enough champagne to go round”, said Fernando and immediately I answered him: "Why not go fifty-fifty on the deal?”

Everybody says that the girl has taken after his father. Fernando´s wife being such an adorable child, she takes all the good things of life for granted, as though she had a right to them, and is always discontented as a result.

In my time it was considered remove the thing to send not only flowers but to send a thank a note to person who had invited us to to know the new son or daughter.

To return to the house it was such to pleasant day that I decided to strike out for the country with my wife. To sum up, the walk was to success. Nevertheless, this Sunday I’m going to work up the lectures for next week and my reports for OhmyNews.

You can’t get something for nothing and I couldn’t go to bed before one o’clock. I’ve always been a night owl.

No hay comentarios.: